My last post was such a whiny post. Whine Whine Wine(yep could use some, too bad I rarely drink, and don't have any in the house, and can't go buy some LOL). So instead of the negative over the past 7years, how about I post some positives...... not in any particular order.
For the last 7 years we have had a home to live in, not just a home but a house big enough for all six of us. It wasn't my 'dream' house and it is well over 70 years old, but sure enough it has 3 bedrroms and two toilets, really when we were looking my only requirement was two toilets lol. With having four boys it was never a big deal to make them share rooms, even though they hate it haha.
We have our health, we continue to get kicked off our dr's patient list because we evidently don't go to see them enough. Health is definitly a plus.
I have four amazing boys! They are smart and have an awesome sense of humor(they get that from me, of course hehe) The oldest is going to graduate high school this year and go off to college. He wants to be a neuro surgeon, can't go wrong with that one. If he changes his mind and does something else that will be great too. His father and I didn't go to college, and neither did our parents, so this is a Huge deal for him and for our entire family.
We are a working family, granted mine is in the home, my husband works and although things have slowed down a little for his company he still has a job. When he was out of work for 6months a few years back due to a car accident, they did not let him go. When he returned and continued to struggle for a while and missed a lot of work they still kept him. Go K(husbands initial)
Although my husband and I are major anti social people, and I know this has hurt the kids as far as their social life, they are not as bad as we are.
We are a house full of gamers, the kids play too but they do not live in front of the computer, or the t.v., they read, they are honor roll kids at school, they are polite, they actually know what manners are(even though the manners often go on vacation to Florida), I can trust when they go to a public place they will behave and not cause havoc, I can trust them. I am not saying I am not leary, I do tend to know what they are up too, and I do often check up on them, not in a smothering way but I am not stupid I was a teenager once and I remember it well. All in all I can't be more proud of them and the decisions they make for themselves. I know even if they struggle in life a little they will overcome it and not let it destroy them or their values.
Food, we always have food. I grew up in a home where money was always beyond tight but we never starved. If nothing else I know to always stock up on food when I can so when money is scarce we won't go hungry. It has been tight for awhile but dangit we always ate, even it was just ramen noodles and bread.
So who cares that the car died, shit happens, it is a machine and it can be fixed. Okay I care a little, but it's all good and we will be just fine.
No comments:
Post a Comment