I am getting better at this sale/coupon thing. Today I went to 3 stores, shopped specific sales and only got a few extras, but they were at least on sale, and to top it off today was Oreo's 100th birthday so I got a free package of Oreo's from one of the local stores.(I know cookies=bad unhealthy) but they were free and the kids don't need to watch their weight so whatever. I also had a coupon for free gallon of milk. win win right there.
For all three stores I spent a grand total of 214.30, I saved 124.42. So out of pocket I spent 89.88 and have 10 dollars worth of gift cards to Target.
So here is what I did...store one(Target) total..$49.49..saved 27.20 with coupons and sales and got two $5 gift cards....paid 22.29 out of pocket and am going to save the gift cards to use around Christmas time.
Store two(local Price Chopper). I couldn't bring myself to do two seperate transactions, I don't know why this bothers me, so I went to two different stores, good thing they are both close by lol.The Sunday paper had double off $1.00 coupons and I got a few extra papers, they also a good selection of other coupons this week so it was worth the extras. .
so store two....total..71.63...saved 40.02 in coupons and sales...paid 31.61 out of pocket.
Store three(other Price Chopper) total....$93.18...saved 57.20 in coupons and sales....paid 35.98 out of pocket. and I also earned 20 cents off gas up to 20 gals between both PC trips.
Gas prices are expected to go over $5 a gallon so I decided to start stocking up on the groceries as best as I can. Not because of the gas I will use to get to the stores but because the prices of EVERYTHING will skyrocket with those gas prices. Like before the price of groceries went up so high and when the gas prices lowered the food didn't. I expect this to happen again so I am going to try to get at least six months to a years worth of canned foods, boxed goods and other non parishable items. I know it may sound crazy but I just don't want to live on ramen noodles again, at least not now, we are enjoying real food these days and I am enjoying cooking healthier meals for the family. .
No comments:
Post a Comment