Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Be careful how many blogs/pages you follow

If you are looking to save money then you should probably careful about how many 'saving' pages you follow. I personally got caught up with the deals for this and that. Although they may be great deals and have huge savings, they add up. You don't realize by how much until you start adding up how much you have spent for the month. Last night I came across a facebook page which led me to a blog and on the blog was 'giveaway' for a gift certificate, I am thinking no biggie I will sign up for a chance to win. It required me to 'like' a bunch of different facebook pages and also follow a lot of these sites on twitter. This morning I signed into my facebook page and it was swarmed with deal after deal, coupon scenario for this store or that store. There were also more giveaways that I was signing up for which led to even more pages to follow. You know what, they were all basically saying the same thing. I think this is what prompted me to sit down and add my reciepts for the month. I spent my couponing/sales savings on these 'deals' that kept showing up in front of me everyday. So tonight I went through and deleted all but one of them from facebook and twitter. I kept the one that was closest to my area, has the same stores as I do. I figure I will see how I do following one person and if I am still buying into these deals than I will delete her page too. The idea is to save money and spend less, not save money in one area and spend it elsewhere, unless it is in the budget to save for it, like a flat screen t.v. lol  We might be one of the very few homes that still has big fat chunky televisions, and it is on the 'list' to upgrade, but not first on the list.

No comments: