I have been couponing for awhile now and although I have saved A LOT of moneyI have not deducted the amount of money I spend per month on groceries, I didn't realize how little I was buying before. I suppose I should have since I basically went to Sam's Club every few months to stock up on the same things over and over.
I wasn't supposed to do any shopping this month other than milk and bread, so far I have failed. I have an addictive personality and this couponing is my latest obsession.
Today I decided to try something different in hopes to spend less money. I left my coupon binder at home. I wrote up my lists and grabbed the matching coupons and figured just how much money I should need for each store and put them in an envelope and in my purse. I also put a few other coupons in the envelope in case the store was out of some of my list items as I needed to spend a specific amount to get a deal with a dollars off coupon.. I went to the bank to deposit my mail in rebate that had come in. While I was there I took out enough cash to cover my store trips.
Leaving the binder at home and having a set amount of cash was the smartest thing I have ever done. The blogs I follow all recommend carrying all of your coupons with you in case there is a 'great deal' or 'clearance'. There actually were some pretty good deals and I knew I had coupons to match them, at home. I just told myself , and this was hard to do, that if I really wanted the stuff I could come back later.
If I had my coupons with me I definitly would have bought the items and I would have spent a lot more money. I came home and put my groceries that I purchased away, took my son to the ortodonist and picked up my husband at work. Here it is almost 11pm and I can't even remember what those 'great deals' were. Guess they weren't that important after all.
I am no longer taking my coupon binder to the store with me, that right there will save me money. I am not giving on couponing though, I am just going to plan it out better and stick to my lists!!
No comments:
Post a Comment